• Description
  • Faq's

What is Urogynecology?

A Urogynecologist is an Obstetrician/Gynecologist who specializes in the care of women with pelvic floor dysfunction.

What is pelvic floor dysfunction?

The pelvic floor is the muscles, ligaments, connective tissue, and nerves that help support and control the rectum, uterus, vagina, and bladder. The pelvic floor can be damaged by childbirth, repeated heavy lifting, chronic disease or surgery. Examples of pelvic floor dysfunction's symptoms include loss of bladder or bowel control, leakage of urine or feces, descent of pelvic organs (dropped uterus, bladder, vagina or rectum), difficulty urinating or moving bowels, and burning or other uncomfortable pelvic symptoms, including bladder or urethral pain.